Our programs are accepted by all major and most minor insurances.
Common ones include:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan
- Health Alliance Plan (HAP)
- McLaren Health Plan
- Medicare Plus Blue
- Private & Self Pay
- Priority Health
- United Health Care
- Workers’ Compensation/ Auto Insurances (all)
Please call us for more details regarding insurance coverage and fees. Our staff will verify and explain your benefits before treatment.
Video – Understanding Insurance Coverage
We know that the health payment process can be complex and confusing. Here is an excellent video that explains general concepts about insurance coverage.
Health Insurance Terms
Below, you will see a list of terms that pertain to insurance coverage and payment for health services.
- Co-insurance: in indemnity, the monetary amount to be paid by the patient, usually expressed as a percentage of charges.
- Co-payment: in managed care, the monetary amount to be paid by the patient, usually expressed in terms of dollars.
- Deductible: the portion of medical costs to be paid by the patient before insurance benefits begin, usually expressed in dollars.
- Denial: refusal by insurer to reimburse services that have been rendered; can be for various reasons.
- Eligibility: the process of determining whether a patient qualifies for benefits, based on factors such as enrollment date, pre-existing conditions, valid referrals, etc.
- Exclusions: services that are not covered by a plan.
- Provider: one who delivers health care services within the scope of a professional license.
- Reimbursement: refers to the payment by the patient (first-party) or insurer (third-party), to the health care provider, for services rendered.